Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good NEWS! The wicked,old tumor is gone!

So today was a great day! (Forget the fact that I left the house at 6am and didn't get back until 10pm... LONG day.)

More importantly, Misty had a 30-day check up and the tumor on her tongue is all GONE!!! The last 30 days were nervewracking - at her last check-up, the tumor was still there. Granted, something about a biopsy determining the cells were not dividing was supposed to make me feel better... but NOW I feel better!

At this point, we'll go in for another check up in 30 days. Then every two months after that will be xrays and blood work. And for my beautiful, 13-year-old puppy, I am going to keep her happy and healthy as long as I can. She is curled up at my feet as I type this making cute, doggie snores.

Misty's good news has been the really only noteworthy thing to report. I noticed I haven't posted anything since February and that is because life hasn't been that exciting :). I did make a trip to Dallas for my sister's shower in early April. I just got back from teaching two days in Denver (trust me, I can't believe people WANT to hear what I have to say, much less PAY to hear what I have to say!)

Next, I take off for Austin (sister's Law School graduation), followed by a trip to Dallas (sister's wedding) and then there are a few other tentative trips planned (for ME!). I also need to get a trip into NYC though.. can't break the tradition! I am still signed up for the Marine Corp Marathon and so far that is going according to plan - fingers crossed!

Life is never dull, at least for me. There are some days though that I'd give anything for a little "dull" :)

Love,
Kathleen

No comments: