Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hugs not Drugs

My friends often tease me that I am always thinking and that I do the often-committed offense and "over-think" everything.

Guilty as charged...

As a result, I haven't been sleeping well recently. I know.... I just need to realize there are going to be some questions I'll never get answers to.

But no matter what I tried, I'd wake up and start "thinking"... and then I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep! And, with the exception of Gilligan Island re-runs, there is absolutely NOTHING to do at 2AM! Grrrrrr!

I went for LONG, hard runs trying to wear myself out. I tried watching movies, reading books, journaling, blogging, not even Misty wanted to go for a walk at that hour of the morning (...or is that night?) The fail-safe Tylenol PM wasn't even doing the trick. Nope... heartache won and I just couldn't sleep more than a few hours each night.

But ... I had lunch with my best friend. I haven't seen her in awhile and it was just the two of us in this tiny restaurant in San Clemente. She listened, she made me laugh, she let me cry, but most importantly ... she hugged me.

I slept that night for 8 hours...straight.


Love,
Kathleen

2 comments:

Michelle Murphy said...

we all need hugs at times..great that you have someone to give them to you:D hope that things are getting better for you:D hugs from afar

Michelle Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.